Save when you prepare!
Beginning June 1st through June 7th, save money when you stock up on supplies for the hurricane season.
According to the Florida Dept. of Revenue, purchase any of the following items and pay no sales tax:
- Costing $10 or less:
- Reusable ice (reusable ice packs)
- Costing $20 or less:
- Any portable self-powered light source (powered by battery, solar, hand-crank, or gas):
- Costing $25 or less:
- Any gas or diesel fuel container, including LP gas and kerosene containers.
- Costing $30 or less:
- Batteries listed below, including rechargeable & excluding automobile & boat batteries:
- Coolers and ice chests (food-storage; nonelectrical)
- Costing $50 or less:
- Bungee cords
- Ground anchor systems
- Radios (powered by battery, solar, or handcrank)
- Weather band
- Ratchet straps
- Tarpaulins (tarps)
- Tie-down kits
- Visqueen, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths, and other flexible waterproof sheeting
- Costing $750 or less: Portable generators used to provide light or communications, or to preserve food in the event of a power outage.
For full details on the 2018 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday, please see the Florida Dept. of Revenue's publication - click here.